Happy Birthday to the lover today! I spent 3 1/2 hours making this cake last night. It better taste like heaven. Pretty sure it will.
3 Layer Turtle Cake
2 German chocolate cake mixes
1 1/2 bags caramels
1/2 cup butter
1 can Eagle Brand
1 bar Hershey’s special dark chocolate
3/4 bag of whole pecans (chopped)
Heat oven to 325
•Prepare cake mixes as instructed, I like to add an extra egg
•Pour 2 pans half way with batter and sprinkle with chopped pecans and dark chocolate
•Bake 27 minutes
•Pour 1 pan 3/4 of the way full and sprinkle with TONS of pecans and dark chocolate
•Bake 30 minutes
•Melt caramels and butter in a double boiler until blended completely, stir often.
•Mix Eagle Brand into caramel until bleneded and add some pecans if you choose.- set aside in fridge to help thicken
•Now that all 3 cakes are cool here comes the messy part!
•Layer the 2 smaller cakes and caramel add more pecans and chocolate in between layers if you choose (I did 😋)
•Save larger cake for the top, drizzle with desired amount of caramel
I had been craving these for a while and finally took it upon myself to make them! Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
* 1 Pound Natural Chicken Breast
* 1 Large Peppers
* 1 Large Yellow Onion
* 1/2 Pack Button Mushrooms
* 1 Small Can Embasa Mexican Salsa
* 4 Flax Wraps
* 1 Large Can Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce
* 1/2 Pack Low Fat Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
* Shredded Lettuce
* Sour Cream
* Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
* Chop onion, pepper, and mushrooms into thin strips
* Cut up chicken into strips arrange on a baking pan sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 25- 30 minutes or until cooked through
* Over medium heat saute peppers, onions and mushrooms in light butter add a pinch of salt and pepper
* After chicken is cooked through shred into fine pieces
* Turn up oven heat to 375 degrees
* Add chicken and Salsa to skillet with vegetables and cook for 10-15 minutes
* Cover the bottom of a small casserole pan with enchilada sauce
* Take chicken and vegetable mix and roll up into 4 Flax Wraps
* Place roll ups into casserole dish and cover with the remanding enchilada sauce
* Bake for 20 minutes
* Add cheese to enchiladas and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted
* Serve with lettuce and sour Cream
This will be recipe one of my up-coming series, Foodology. I, like many other, on the road to being successful, busy young women do not have time to make real homemade dinners every night that I get home from my day job but I sure do love to cook! I try to keep my meals as health conscious as I possibly can in a quick pinch (but not always, I will post that greasy, fatty, terrible for you stuff every now and again too). So I am going to share some of my quick fix, but still yummy recipes and encourage you other busy ladies to do the same in return. I would really love to find new recipes through this series as well.
On the menu first I will show you how to make my Sweet Salmon and Brown Sugar Cauliflower-Scalloped Potato Bake.
What you will need:
One Small Cut of Salmon: I like to get fresh fish at my local grocery but you could use frozen as well.
One Box Scalloped Potato Mix and ingredients it takes to make (milk, butter, and water)
A Quarter to a Half a Head of Cauliflower
A Half a Cup of Cream Cheese
One Small Yellow Onion
One Small Sweet Potato (Mashed)
Cauliflower-Scalloped Potato Bake
Preheat Oven to 450 degrees
Start by making the Scalloped Potato Box Meal on its own and mix together in a small casserole dish
Soften your Sweet Potato in the Microwave by wrapping in a damp paper towel. Cook on High about 3-5 minutes depending on the thickness of your potato.
Mash your Sweet Potato once softened and mix into Scalloped Potato Mix in your casserole dish.
Cut up desired amount of Cauliflower and Onions and add to Mix.
Take about a Quarter of a Cup of your Cream Cheese and Mix in.
Throw in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, stirring once during cook time.
Let stand for 3 minutes after you pop it out of the oven to thicken it up a bit.
Prepare your Sweet Salmon Glaze.
Melt other Half a Cup of Cream Cheese, a couple of Tablespoons of Brown Sugar and Two Tablespoons of Soy Sauce in the microwave.
Stir and Brush onto Salmon.
Throw Salmon in the oven underneath you Mash-up for about 20 minutes, you can check if it is done by whether or not you can flake the edge with a fork.
Plate your Sweet Salmon and Brown Sugar Cauliflower-Scalloped Potato Mash-up and sprinkle lightly with Brown Sugar.