This will be recipe one of my up-coming series, Foodology. I, like many other, on the road to being successful, busy young women do not have time to make real homemade dinners every night that I get home from my day job but I sure do love to cook! I try to keep my meals as health conscious as I possibly can in a quick pinch (but not always, I will post that greasy, fatty, terrible for you stuff every now and again too). So I am going to share some of my quick fix, but still yummy recipes and encourage you other busy ladies to do the same in return. I would really love to find new recipes through this series as well.
On the menu first I will show you how to make my Sweet Salmon and Brown Sugar Cauliflower-Scalloped Potato Bake.
What you will need:
- One Small Cut of Salmon: I like to get fresh fish at my local grocery but you could use frozen as well.
- One Box Scalloped Potato Mix and ingredients it takes to make (milk, butter, and water)
- A Quarter to a Half a Head of Cauliflower
- A Half a Cup of Cream Cheese
- One Small Yellow Onion
- One Small Sweet Potato (Mashed)
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce
Cauliflower-Scalloped Potato Bake
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees
- Start by making the Scalloped Potato Box Meal on its own and mix together in a small casserole dish
- Soften your Sweet Potato in the Microwave by wrapping in a damp paper towel. Cook on High about 3-5 minutes depending on the thickness of your potato.
- Mash your Sweet Potato once softened and mix into Scalloped Potato Mix in your casserole dish.
- Cut up desired amount of Cauliflower and Onions and add to Mix.
- Take about a Quarter of a Cup of your Cream Cheese and Mix in.
- Throw in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, stirring once during cook time.
- Let stand for 3 minutes after you pop it out of the oven to thicken it up a bit.
- Prepare your Sweet Salmon Glaze.
- Melt other Half a Cup of Cream Cheese, a couple of Tablespoons of Brown Sugar and Two Tablespoons of Soy Sauce in the microwave.
- Stir and Brush onto Salmon.
- Throw Salmon in the oven underneath you Mash-up for about 20 minutes, you can check if it is done by whether or not you can flake the edge with a fork.
- Plate your Sweet Salmon and Brown Sugar Cauliflower-Scalloped Potato Mash-up and sprinkle lightly with Brown Sugar.